Contract: Internship, 8 weeks, Full-time
If you are interested in the major issues facing businesses today – from shareholder activism to cyber crises, climate change to inequality – and curious about a career in strategic advisory, including communications, we want to hear from you.
Our 8-week, full-time and paid UK Summer Internship is based in our London office. The 2023 internship will take place from 20 June to 18 August.
It is designed to offer you a first step into the world of work and equip you with practical experience of the work we do for clients. We actively encourage talent from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a Brunswick team advising clients on the most critical issues that affect them across the financial, political and social arenas
- Build a core set of skills to develop a career in strategic communications. For example, you will receive training in opinion research, digital communication and understanding the media and wider stakeholder landscape
- Think creatively and globally about the major issues facing organizations today and widen your own world view
- Gain exposure to the full range of Brunswick’s work across sector groups and different types of work, from financial situations to campaigns and helping companies explain their purpose in the world
- Be part of a wider intern cohort who you will work collaboratively with throughout the programme, with the full support of the wider firm
You will be paid approximately £4000 (before tax)* for the 8-week period you are with us.
What will we offer you:
- Paid holiday entitlement (5 days)
- An individual mentor to work with you on your development throughout the programme, supported by our Programme Leads and our People team
- Social and networking activities throughout the programme
- Complimentary artisan coffee, tea and snacks in our café
- Support with accommodation in London for the period of the internship for those that require it
Who are we looking for
We are seeking potential over experience. We invite applications from those who can demonstrate:
A genuine interest in how organizations can make an impact in the world, an awareness of events and current trends and a desire to understand the key issues organizations need to navigate today
Analytical and creative thinking: The ability to think strategically and creatively in order to cut through complex issues and solve problems
Communication skills: Strong listening and writing skills, discretion, empathy and ability to relay a point of view concisely
Openness: Willingness to collaborate, share knowledge and be a part of the team
This Internship is open to candidates who are:
- Penultimate, final year university students or recent graduates
- Non-graduates with equivalent qualifications such as an apprenticeship or diploma
- All candidates must have the right to work in the UK
If you are below this level or would like to find out about opportunities in our other offices, please see our website for further details.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 4 January 2023.
Our assessment process has three stages and has been designed to provide you with the best opportunity to demonstrate your strengths and interests. It will involve the following, with shortlisted
candidates progressing through each step:
- An application form
- A short written and creative assessment (to take place in January 2023)
- Two short interviews with Brunswick colleagues (will take place virtually in February-March 2023)
The application process, including interviews if candidates reach this stage, is virtual. Any candidates for whom virtual access will be challenging are encouraged to apply and flag this to email@example.com so reasonable adjustments can be made.
Our London Summer Internship offers the potential to feed into our highly selective entry level positions. We are actively looking at recruiting successful candidates from the Summer Internship into
our full-time Executive programme, with the option to start in September 2023 or 2024. There is an expectation that all applicants will be interested in a full-time entry-level role starting in September
2023 or 2024.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while
helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients. Brunswick is an equal opportunities employer and our Equal Opportunities Policy is available on request.
About Brunswick Group
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues and critical stakeholders. Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world successfully. We advise on critical issues and critical
stakeholders at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, understand and navigate these interconnected worlds. Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Click HERE to Apply.
For more information, visit: www.brunswickgroup.com