About the opportunity provider and role
Bristol – Home Insurance (upto 12) // Doncaster – Motor Insurance (up to 12) //
Leeds – Roadside Rescue (upto 12) //
Remote: opportunity to support one of the above teams while working from
anywhere in the UK
Salary: £22,672 (including 9% pension contribution)
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week average with shifts in following windows:
Mon to Fri 8am – 9:15pm, Sat 9am – 5pm and Sun 10am – 5pm
Note that Roadside Rescue shifts can be between Mon to Sun 7am – 10pm and
are paid additional amounts during unsociable hours
Start Date/Duration: Employment and initial training will start Sep 5, 2022. The apprenticeship study will start in Oct 2022 and last for one year.
Progression: Potential for permanent role based on performance and successful completion of qualification in Oct 2023.
The opportunity provider is a market leading insurance company that encourages staff to “bring all of yourself to work”. The company is obsessed by creating fantastic customer experiences and is on a transformation journey to become a data driven, tech led insurer. So, they are looking for 48 apprentices to join an exciting new apprenticeship programme in Data & Customer Service.
If you’re successful in securing this role you’ll be trained to develop your customer service skills, and also learn about the power of data and how to make the best use of the information you have access to. So, you’ll learn skills not only for today, but also for the future. There are options for hybrid training and working in Leeds, giving you both face to face support from your trainer and the chance to get to know your team, as well as days where you can ditch the commute and work from home. There are also options to both train and work fully remotely from anywhere in the UK. In all cases, some days will be busy, but you’ll be joining an outstanding team with a great culture. You will need to be adaptable and a great listener. You don’t need existing experience but basic IT skills enabling you to work from home are important. When working from home you’ll need an internet connection and a private space to work. The company will provide everything else including a technology bundle to suit your needs. There may be the option to
work fully onsite if needed but this is not yet confirmed.
While working towards their qualification apprentices will get hands-on experience supporting
customers. On-the-job activity will be dependent on the location as follows:
Remote apprentices may support one of the teams below:
Bristol based apprentices will help home insurance customers by:
● taking calls, helping with renewals, making policy amendments or finding the right product for them
Donacaster based apprentices will help motor insurance customers by:
● taking calls, helping with renewals and making policy amendments
Leeds based apprentices will help customers by:
● taking calls and keeping customers safe during roadside rescue
Skills, traits, qualifications and other criteria
Successful candidates must:
● be great listeners and able to adapt their approach
● be passionate about providing excellent customer service & supporting others when they need it most
● have an internet connection and private space to work from home – there may be options to work fully
onsite if needed
● must have basic IT skills enabling them to work from home
● must have a right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
● must not be studying towards any other government funded qualification at the same time
● must not already have the same or similar qualification
● must be willing to undertake criminal and financial records checks relevant to the role
● must be aged 16-30 or under to apply for this opportunity via Talent RISE
Candidates can apply directly but will ideally be referred by another youth organisation. Applications will remain open until the roles are filled. So, Talent RISE will assess candidates as they apply, and we encourage submissions as soon as possible.
To apply the candidate or referring organisation must:
● Complete this online form
● Email a copy of the candidate’s CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
After their application suitable candidates will be invited for a chat to discuss the opportunity and to assess if they can be put forward. Talent RISE can support candidates with creating or improving CVs and the assessment process. Even if not successful on this occasion their application will make candidates eligible for future opportunities offered via Talent RISE.