As a Facilities Assistant, you will undertake a wide range of general duties throughout One Birdcage Walk to support the smooth running of the Institution.
Providing a first line facilities support service, you will be involved in everything from preparing meeting rooms and restocking consumables to dealing with last minute client requests.
Taking a reactive approach to incoming service requests, your role will also involve:
– Providing excellent customer service to all visitors, employees and tenants
– Preparing meeting rooms
– Acting as the first point of contact for emergency building-related situations
– First line maintenance activities
– Escorting and supervising visitors
– Assisting with emergency provision tests and acting as a fire warden
To join us as a Facilities Assistant, you will need:
– Experience in a similar role, including experience of setting up meeting rooms
– Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– To be organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines
A First Aid Certificate would be beneficial to your application however, this is not essential as training will be provided. Experience in basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing and repair of minor defects would also be advantageous.
This is a part-time role working 25 hours per week, 2pm to 7pm, Monday to Friday. However, there is potential for additional hours outside normal working hours and to participate in the out of hours on call rota, with occasional weekend work.
Please note: Part of this role will involve frequent lifting of light to moderate weights.
– Salary of £23,500 per annum pro rata (£16,207 per annum for 25 hours per week)
– A minimum of 26 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
– An extra day off for your birthday
– Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
– Continuous training and career development
– A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is an excellent opportunity to join our organisation and support our incredible premises, ensuring it remains part of London’s iconic skyline.
You’ll play a vital role in supporting One Birdcage Walk’s maintenance and ensuring that it remains an exceptional place to work, meet, learn and connect.
What’s more, we’ll assess any training needs you may have and equip you with everything needed in order to increase your skillset and build a career to be proud of.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Co-ordinator, Maintenance Co-ordinator, Building Services Assistant, or Facilities and Maintenance Assistant.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post, you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.