About the opportunity provider and role
JBR Capital is the UK’s only independent finance provider dedicated solely to high end vehicle finance. JBR Capital offers bespoke specialist finance for modern day cars, supercars, classic cars and historic cars to private individuals and businesses.
JBR’s Head Office is based in North London. They have around 70 employees who work as a close-knit and nimble team, and take an entrepreneurial but compliant approach to doing business. JBR is private equity backed by Cabot Square Capital and is experiencing strong growth as part of an ambitious 3-year plan.
JBR is keen to expand its social impact and is working with Talent RISE to develop a meaningful internship programme that helps diverse young talent build careers in professional services. A training provider is also involved who can help candidates with the right attitude and ambition to develop the essential skills needed to join internships later in the year.
Successful candidate(s) will join JBR’s Credit team to help with the management of day-to-day tasks including administration, portfolio management and underwriting. The ideal candidate will have an interest in consumer finance, vehicles and providing superior customer service.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- helping with administration, including data input, amending credit applications, monitoring tasks, and maintaining the watchlist and fraud log.
- helping with portfolio management, including monitoring customers’ activity, analysing portfolio performance, and creating information and packs for management and committees..
- helping with underwriting, including assessing credit reports, borrower profiles, valuing vehicles, following up with customers to progress applications and assisting with managing the pipeline.
- helping to manage the valuation panel and generating 3rd party instructions.
- helping to create a vehicle catalogue to improve JBR’s vehicle knowledge and valuation process.
Successful candidates must have:
- a can do attitude, with a desire to succeed and interest in a career in consumer finance
- strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- strong attention to detail and a dedication to delivering work to a very high standard
- an ability to build positive working relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally
- an ability to develop effective relationships with others, including introducers and customers.
- good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- good written and verbal communication skills
- a willingness to undertake any criminal and financial records checks relevant to the role ● be aged 16-30 or under to apply for this opportunity via Talent RISE
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- experience of working in a professional environment, preferably within the financial services sector.
Note: if a candidate aged 16-24 has the right attitude and ambition but lacks some of the essential skills listed above then they may be eligible for a Traineeship with Impact Futures including 2 weeks paid work experience with JBR Capital and potential progression into an internship later in the year. Talent RISE can refer you to this Traineeship after an initial conversation. So, if unsure, please follow the application process described below.
How to apply with support from Talent RISE
Candidates can apply directly but will ideally be referred by a Talent RISE Community Partner. Talent RISE will assess candidates as they apply. So, we encourage submissions as soon as possible.
To apply the candidate or referring organisation must:
- Complete this online application form
- Email a copy of the candidate’s CV to email@example.com
After their application suitable candidates will be invited for a chat to discuss the opportunity and to assess if they can be put forward. Help strengthening CVs can also be provided so candidates needn’t worry about polishing these before their initial application. Even if not successful on this occasion their application will make candidates eligible for future opportunities offered via Talent RISE.
Further assessment by the opportunity provider
All candidates will be asked to undertake an interview with JBR Capital after support from Talent RISE. Note that JBR Capital and not Talent RISE will make final decisions as to who is successful.